Providing support and services to people with disabilities is a job that demands efficiency and accountability. The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is the agency that ensures the safety and quality of supports and services delivered to the NDIS participants. The Commission strives to improve access to support and services that uphold the choice and
control of the participants. It is also important to remember that the NDIS Commission is an independent agency and they do not control the NDIA or receive complaints related to the
NDIA and NDIS plans.
Some of the responsibilities of the NDIS Commission include:
• Swiftly responding to reports of mistreatment and neglect faced by NDIS participants.
• Ensuring that the NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards are strictly followed.
• Regulating the NDIS providers and supervising their registration.
• Monitoring the use of restrictive practices to reduce those practices and eventually eliminate them.
• Protecting the rights of the NDIS participants.
• Promoting the choice and control of the participants at all times.
• Guiding providers regarding their responsibilities.
• Investigating incidents where NDIS Code of Conduct and Practice Standards are
violated and taking speedy actions against those responsible.
• Implementing a nationwide NDIS Worker Screening Check.
The existence of the NDIS Commission protects the fair and proper functioning of one of the most revolutionary disability support systems in the world. You can find more about the
NDIS Commission by following the link given below: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/about/what-we-do.
Aussie Life Care understands the gravity of our responsibilities as a registered NDIS service provider. We always uphold the rights of our participants and strives to safeguard their choice and control over various supports and services. We strictly follow all the guidelines laid down by the NDIS Commission. Contact us today to find out more about our services.
We Are Social On: